St.Joseph Rehabilitation centre & relief services provides these following services:-
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Specialized Needs
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Two-Year Aftercare
- Family Group
- Family Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Fellowship Affiliations
Counselling Group :-
Group counselling is a process oriented group designed to allow the exploration and expression of thoughts and feelings which might have been hidden or denied until initiation of the recovery process. Such groups allow the resident to begin to know themselves as a sober person striving to build a healthy lifestyle.
- Identify current feelings and the reasons behind them.
- Exploration of the reasons for depression/chemical dependency.
- Learn behavioural skills to address unhealthy behaviour.
- Assist residents to identify current problems and model/teach problem solving skills.
- Present therapeutic projects and explore issues and feelings as they surface.
- Specialized groups to work on problem solving and self-esteem building.
- Explore issues identified in the treatment plan.
- Increase self-esteem through a supportive/directive process.
- Provide a safe environment to explore feelings.
- Explore strengths, identify and model positive coping skills while experimenting with new social skills.
- Provide both professional and peer feedback to each resident.
Provides each resident/client with the fundamental information relative to developing skills to help state an individual’s needs in a non-aggressive manner. This workshop is one hour in length and is goal and task oriented. Each resident will demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Asking for what you want
- Role playing
- Identifying unhealthy communications
- Role reversal
- Broken record method
- Identifying unhealthy roles
- Stating your needs
- Non-aggressive stance
Health Awareness :-
Provides each resident/client with the fundamental information relative to awareness of alternative, preventative and nutritional data which supports individuals in the class that abuse alcohol/drugs. This workshop is one hour in length and is goal and task oriented. Each resident will demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Nutritional factors
- Emotional stress awareness
- Healthy sleep patterns
- Body/mind connection
- Spiritual health as it affects physical health including visualization & meditation
- Exercise to reach a better state of mind
- Balance in diet and exercise
- Dangerous extremes
- Slowing down
Motivational Group :-
Provides each resident/client with information and techniques that will serve to help build confidence and self-esteem. This workshop is one hour in length and is goal and task oriented. Each resident will demonstrate knowledge and skill in the areas outlined:
- Goal setting
- Self-Esteem builders
- Interpersonal skills
- Role playing
- Team playing
- Use of positive affirmations
- List making
- Elimination of negative self-talk
- Team building
- Meditation techniques/study
Drug & Alcohol Education :-
Provides each resident/client with information relative to the twelve step recovery program. This workshop is one hour in length and is goal and task oriented. Each resident will demonstrate knowledge and skill in the areas outlined.
- Knowledge of the book Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Effects of prolonged alcohol and drug abuse.
- Importance of spiritual principles.
- Disease concept of addiction.
- Basic principles and purpose of the twelve steps.
- Recognizing destructive patterns.
- Family involvement in disease and recovery.
Relaps Prevention :-
Provides each resident/client with information relative to relapse factors and practical guidelines to assist in the prevention of relapses. This workshop is one hour in length and is goal and task oriented. Each resident will demonstrate knowledge and skill in the areas outlined:
- Recognizing patterns.
- Self-esteem builders.
- Goal setting.
- Healthy sleep patterns.
- Balance in diet and exercise.
- Post-acute withdrawal awareness.
- Emotional stress awareness.
- Dangerous extremes.
- Slowing down.
- Spirituality as it affects physical health.
- Anger management.
- Role of spirituality in prevention.